Seeking to protect America from terrorists, Ann Coulter actually protects terrorists who are already in America.
Coulter wants to ban immigration to prevent people who are or might become terrorists from entering our homeland. She cites specific examples of “second-generation immigrants” (e.g., native-born Americans) who have committed terrorist attacks. Yet, at the very same time, Coulter denies the existence of terrorists in America.
As she has done for the last several years, Coulter primary – indeed, only – concern is immigration. Hence her repeated denials that ISIS is not in America and ISIS poses absolutely no threat to Americans.
- “I don’t even care about ISIS!” – Ann Coulter, 2/19/15
- “ISIS is not on our doorstep.” – Ann Coulter, 2/25/15
- “If you don’t want to be killed by ISIS, don’t go to Syria.” – Ann Coulter, 2/25/15
- “ISIS: 0; Ted Kennedy: Too Many to Count” – Ann Coulter, 7/8/15
- “Are you worried about an attack from ISIS in America? I’m not. [ISIS attacks in America] are an immigration problem.” – Ann Coulter, 8/22/16
This, even as she decries the influx of non-WASP immigrants who might become radicalized Islamists.
Classic Orwellian doublethink. The terrorists are immigrants (who must be banned and banished) but, because they’re immigrants, they’re not terrorists.
Confused, Coulter can’t grasp that we are facing an immigration and terrorism crisis. Moreover, Coulter redefines “immigrant” to include native-born Americans.
Coulter wrote (9/21/16): “This is the doubletalk the public has been forced to endure after every terrorist attack.”
Yes! After every terrorist attack, Coulter claims we must stop immigrants, not terrorists!